For this task I was partnered by Melodie Abraham, who was looking at the Beyonce video "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)". The task was to look at each video, compare them and then make a vodcast on the two videos discussing the differences and why they are different (eg. the genres/target audiences). We were given a few specific areas to discuss:
- A brief factual run down of each song: artist, track, year, chart position, album the song was from, director, genre and the target audience of the song.
- Media Language (range/type/examples of shots used, and why/to what effect; also includes mise-en-scene)
- Audience for the video
- Is the video Performance, Narrative or Concept based?
- Representation within the video.
- Genre, and any signifiers for the genre in the video.